Quilceda Community Services has a long history of volunteerism, which continues today. The agency is registered with Catholic Community Services, the Snohomish County vendor for RSVP (the Retired
and Senior Volunteer Program.) Though the RSVP volunteers are older, all ages of volunteers are welcomed by the agency.
Listed below are the many ways Quilceda Community Services would like to engage community volunteers:
- Willow Place - Volunteers assist the Activity Manager with the morning or afternoon sessions to provide 1:1 time with participants, organize materials/supplies, function as role models for
attendees, socialize with clients etc.
- Willow Place Specialists - Community members having special skills (fitness leaders, artists, musicians, gardeners, etc.) are eagerly welcomed to provide new activities for the participants at
Willow Place, while providing a new learning experience for the Activity Manager, caregivers, and other volunteers.
- Youth groups such as Camp Fire, Scouts, 4-H, etc might consider giving community service to the agency through special projects, gathering donations, leading a Willow Place session, grounds
clean-up, etc. Should such a service be appealing, the Youth Leader should call the Business Manager.
- Assistance is sometimes needed with routine tasks - filing, organizing, answering the telephone, staffing the front desk, etc.
- Like other non-profits, the agency receives some public funds, but numerous fundraisers are held to generate revenues. During these events volunteers are needed and play a vital role in
organizing and facilitating the event.
- Thrift Store - Needing sustaining revenues for operations, Quilceda Community Services is running a thrift store in Arlington. Volunteers are needed to pick up contributed merchandise, operate
the store, prepare displays, greet customers, etc.
- Always needed are community leaders interested in serving others through service as a Board of Directors Member. The Quilceda Community Services board meets monthly as a group, with
sub-committees meeting as needed.